What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cristinna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Woke up the other morning An this showed up in our tank! Does anyone know what it is!?!?! It's only in one spot of the tank. But since the frog we have has swam thru it it's floating around.

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 63
Cristinna, it's always difficult to make the call from a photo but I will give it a shot. My guess is that the unidentified glob is tank fungus. I suggest do a quick thorough gravel vac and siphon it out. Fungus exists in all aquariums. When fungus becomes visible in a tank, it's taken root on some type of decomposing bio matter.

Cristinna, it's always difficult to make the call from a photo but I will give it a shot. My guess is that the unidentified glob is tank fungus. I suggest do a quick thorough gravel vac and siphon it out. Fungus exists in all aquariums. When fungus becomes visible in a tank, it's taken root on some type of decomposing bio matter.
Thank you for your reply. We found out we were over feeding our fish. We siphoned about half the water out n got most of that junk out. We will do it once a week now to make sure that doesn't happen again. We're very new to the fish life so we aparently have lots to learn. Thank you for your advice! It's greatly appreciated!!!!

Back
Top Bottom