What is your favorite cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
labidochromis caeruleus (electric yellow)

they have a really curious nature, have to explore every inch of anything new you put in the aquarium :)

tangerine zebra's are pretty good too, nice colour and theyre kinda partly transparent
cyrtocara moori (blue dolphin) would have to be up there with em' too. looks cool with them big pouting lips as it digs through gravel :D

There is the cynotilapia afra in the mbunas who looks great!
I Like the nimbochromis venustus to!
Not in the same tank!!!

I like kenyi they are mot very agressive but will hold its own if its getting harrassed(at least mine does)

I would have to go with frontosa/gibberosa. Very calm fish good for a community tank and they look awesome once the develop the hump on their head.

ive only kept kribensis but id love to get a larger tank and keep cichlids. i believe they have more personality than tropical fish

They do. I had a 50 that I'm trying to sell and it was a freshwater and all of the tropical fish swam in circles and had little fights. My 100g with cichlids is amazing! 2 oscars, 3 convicts, a blood red parrot and a pleco. Every time I walk into my room they come up and swim really close to the glass and follow me throughout the room, and their colors get really colorful to. Cichlids are so much better!

Back
Top Bottom