What kind of eggs are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaygunK

Aquarium Advice Freak
They are very small round, clear eggs. I think they are attached to the driftwood somehow. Hopefully, you can see them in the pics. I tried to put them in the center of each pic.

image-3390295957.jpg

image-4263054205.jpg

image-920237860.jpg

image-52211628.jpg

Hmm what fish are in ur tank. Do u have snails? They look kinda like snail eggs

Yeah, i was thinking they are snail eggs. I have a blue mystery snail and i think a pond snail that came in on a plant.

RaygunK said:
Yeah, i was thinking they are snail eggs. I have a blue mystery snail and i think a pond snail that came in on a plant.

Pond
Mystery snails lay eggs out of water

ugh. i really don't want any more pond snails. is there any benefit of having them? i'm thinking about swiping them out of there....

Really? I need a razor blade? They won't come off with just taking a net to them? Are they super tough, or something? Why would i need to take the driftwood out overnight? Sorry, just don't know about these guys. :blink:

The razor blade is just so u have a flat surface to put them on while ur taking them out and taking out the driftwood is just drying out the eggs so u can take them off easier and they are really soft and hard to get off with ur fingers i guess a net could work

Definitely pond snail eggs. It is very unlikely you will be able to remove all of them because you probably can't see all of them but removing/destroying the eggs will keep them in check for now. If at any point you realize there is too many you could always just pick up assassin snails to keep them in check, and if you have a sand substrate or even small gravel the assassins will burrow in and wait for their prey, it's pretty interesting to watch.

hmm....good to know. would one assassin snail be enough to fight off the over pop. of pond snails? or should i get two? i don't want more snails than fish! ;)

also, i did get those eggs out with pulling out the driftwood and wiping them off with the end of a net, then discarding. i'm sure i'll miss some since they are hard to find, i'm just lucky i saw these!

It really all depends on how bad your snail "problem" is I have 5 in my 29 gallon and they just keep them in check. But I had a pretty bad outbreak while I was cycling in the beginning.

i don't have a problem yet, but every couple weeks i find a new pond snail. so for preventative measures, maybe i'll get on of the assassin snails. after looking i think i have 3 pond and 1 mystery.

Back
Top Bottom