What kind of goldfish are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
The first one was sold to me as just a fancy goldfish and the second was sold to me as a calico ryukin. Are they both ryukins? They seem to have the same shape to me.

Attachments

• DSCI0026.jpg
    DSCI0026.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCI0027.jpg
    DSCI0027.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 90
Dear Laser,

Yes they are both ryukin: one a calico and one orange/red and white. You can always tell them by the hump. And of course as ryukins, they are also fancies. Very pretty goldies.
Chris

Yep, both ryukins! The calico needs to put on a bit of weight though (I know shes new). Pretty fish!! :)

Thanks guys. Don't worry I'll work on getting the new one plumped up... he certainly doesn't have any trouble eating.

That's true! I have a 2/3 year old that is as round as large tangerine and at least 6 inches and still growing! He started off at 1& 1/2"!

I love your orange one! Looks just like my al capone :) Great little fish with cute personalities. Well not little lol. Random fact ryukins origonally were only red. Now they come in a variety of colors including orange calico blue and white. Or so I've heard lol

I've never seen a blue one before. Any time I go to feed them, the silver one (my sisters named him "Dinkleberg") lets me pet him. His mouth is almost big enough to swallow my youngest sister's pinky finger (she's 8y.o.).

Aww :) roadrunner my calico male is getting pretty big. Unfortunatly I didnt know much about fish when I got them and stunted there growth in too small of a tank. I'm glad to see he's growing tho. Mine love to cuddle up in the corner together at night when they sleep its so cute :)

Back
Top Bottom