What kind of shrimp is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without a picture I don't see how anyone can answer this question. But if he is 3 inches long, there are not too many species that get to this size. Might be a bamboo shrimp, a vampire or perhaps one of the machrobrachiums. Without an image, impossible to say, you don't even describe it.

i love that he is making us guess, he probably forgot to attach his picture!

Without a picture I don't see how anyone can answer this question. But if he is 3 inches long, there are not too many species that get to this size. Might be a bamboo shrimp, a vampire or perhaps one of the machrobrachiums. Without an image, impossible to say, you don't even describe it.

I'm sure OP just forgot to add the picture.

I was tired when I first saw this. We all make mistakes, right ?

Scientific name is Atya gabonensis, aka Giant African Fan shrimp, and that one is, I am virtually certain, male. Boys have a thicker, heavier pair of first walking legs than do females, and the same is true of the Bamboo shrimp.

Though Gabonensis have a heavier pair of front legs in both sexes, the difference is still pretty clear when you see male/female side by side. Females have more slender legs overall, and a less prominent front pair.

My bamboo shrimp and vampire shrimp are a pair. They never leave each other side it's awesome.

Attachments

• image-1996108268.jpg
    image-1996108268.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2469643684.jpg
    image-2469643684.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1510852678.jpg
    image-1510852678.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3600438213.jpg
    image-3600438213.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 106
That's adorable that they stick together like that, very nice looking shrimp too.

What type of plant is that one in the second and third picture with the tall skinny ruffled looking leaves

Interesting. It appears you have a male Vampire and female Bamboo. They can't interbreed, but it's kind of cool they hang out together like that.

The plant is a crinum.

Back
Top Bottom