What kind off animal is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Def aiptasia. I used lemon juice and it worked perfectly. Just inject it into the base with a syringe, will disappear!

This works too! The thing is, some treatments work for some people and not for others.
I really believe that depends more on user error rather than the solutions themselves. You need to understand how to kill them before just blindly using some magic remedy.

The key is to make sure you kill them down to the base and not leave a single living cell left or it will grow back. Second, they can release spores out their mouth when threatened so a good idea to put chemicals on the oral disc then work to kill the rest of it.

I really believe that depends more on user error rather than the solutions themselves. You need to understand how to kill them before just blindly using some magic remedy.

The key is to make sure you kill them down to the base and not leave a single living cell left or it will grow back. Second, they can release spores out their mouth when threatened so a good idea to put chemicals on the oral disc then work to kill the rest of it.

That's a good point. What I meant to say is that since there are different factors (accuracy, the potency of the treatment, spores released, etc.), not everyone is successful on their first try.

It's true that for a solution to work, you have to inject it accurately into the base, and in some cases this can be tricky, for small specimens and such.

Back
Top Bottom