What led you to AA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well Hey Everyone!
I thought it would be interesting to see why everyone chose AA to be the forum they use? Kind of similar to the sticky threads asking "What made you want a saltwater/freshwater aquarium".

I guess I'll start this thread, and hope that it will take off!

I was finally growing tired of the forum I used to use. The moderators/admins were all rude, and they didn't even do there job. I wanted to find a community where I could assist and discuss both sides of the hobby in one place. Ease of use of the site, and add-ons like the App that I use non-stop here at AA, would be huge pluses. I looked through many forums, played the hopping game for a while. Kind of like test driving cars until I finally found my Lamborghini. Before when I searched for forums I would just type "Reef Forum" or "Planted Tank Forum" and missed out on the key word, aquarium! So back in January (I wish I had joined years earlier) I finally found AA. The site was appealing, there were advertisements for an App placed everywhere. So I registered, and the first person I spoke to on this forum, had an attitude better then anyone on any forum. So, I'd like to thank Mr. X, because he is the reason I started here.

After weeks I started meeting more and more members, and realized how welcoming and helpful the users on here were. I soon was hooked, replying to threads left and right, trying to get my Username out there. Until finally I reached the level I'm at now.

I've had my fair share of Moderator encounters, so I can't say I've been the ideal user, however I try to match up to the rest of this community. That's how I got to be an active user of AA!

Now it's time to share your stories!

I'll keep this short and sweet..hand me down tank followed by stupid decisions followed by bad information led me to Google which led me to AA!! Now I'm rocking and rolling! ! Thanks ladies and gents!! Your advice has been paramount in my tanked success thus far;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll keep this short and sweet..hand me down tank followed by stupid decisions followed by bad information led me to Google which led me to AA!! Now I'm rocking and rolling! ! Thanks ladies and gents!! Your advice has been paramount in my tanked success thus far;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Short, Sweet, and good!

I was looking at various forums and I came across this. I liked the community and the members seemed really helpful.

Found it on a phone app.

Then completed the course to stop thinking in litres and convert to gallons ;) ... and F degrees and feet...

Sent by iPhone using AA

Back
Top Bottom