What new fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok after having to do a major clear out if black algae, my tank is looking decidedly empty?
It is a 110L tank which currently homes 3 smudge spot Cory's, 12 rosy tetras and 1 emperor tetra.
I've recently lost my otos after having them well over 18 months and was looking to add a suitable algae eater, nothing too big and preferably something reasonably nice to look at.
Any suggestions guys?

If you're looking for algae eaters than either amano shrimp or nerite snails are going to be your best bet. I personally like the horned nerites the most myself.

Amanos are the way to go then. They are great algae eaters and are fairly easy to keep alive.

Thanks, not sure if I'm keen on shrimp to be honest - any other suggestions out there??

I would do 2-3 Siamese algae eaters!!! They are very active algae eaters! They don't stop. And they aren't aggressive 99% of the time. Do some research and look them up on YouTube!! They are amazing! There a couple fish that people confuse them with (Chinese algae eaters & fly foxs). So watch out for that!

The siamese algae eaters are nice but they do get big and lazy when they grow to adults. They will oftentimes stop eating algae altogether when they get to that point. Plus they will tend to happily much on moss. Other than that they are great fish, I have 2 in my 55g and am very happy with them.

I love my SAE! He is always busy eating algae of all kinds and he is already about 3 inches long. He does like to eat flake and sinking foods, too, but hasn't gotten lazy in regards to algae.

I'll have a look at those guys. They aren't the ones that like to latch onto other fish are they?

i like rubberlip plecos they dont need driftwood or any of that stuff im not sure if there plant safe but look them up there great smaller plecs

Ok so I've gone for 3 SAE hopefully they will be a nice addition. They look really nice and I have a nice amount of alage for them lol

Back
Top Bottom