what other fish can i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeltank

Aquarium Advice Regular
so far i have 5 tiger barbs,5 other fish dont know what they are called but they have a virtical black stripe on there tail and a blue neon thing on there eyes,1 cory cat,1 placo and 6 little snails
oh or what other creatures could i get does not have to be fish

all in a 35 gall tank

and i saw some mini hammer head looking fish could i get a few of them or no

thanks for the help!!!

Well i would have to know what the other 5 fish are you were talking about that you have. A picture would help, also the hammer head looking fish you want i would also need to know what you are talking about (picture would also help). You should get more cory cats because they like having a group of 5 to 6 fish and you have the space. I don't know what kind of pleco you have but a common pleco (brown pleco) gets VERY big and if it probably should go back to the fish shop if it is (a picture would help to ID it). Also barbs are big scholing fish and i like to keep them in a group of atleast 6 so i would get another 1 of those, also remember that the barbs are known to be aggressive.

*EDIT*
Here is a website to help ID your pleco
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=830+837

a columbian shark needs a much bigger tank. At the very minimum a 55g, so i wouldnt get one of those. If you do have red eye tetras, theyre probably not the best tank mates for tiger barbs, they tend to be quite aggressive. and i agree with etunes, cory's like groups, they do best in groups of at least 3-4, 5-6 is better. Those tiger barbs will get pretty big too...

ok so the shark is out and how bit should the corry cats get?
the one i have now is kinda freaking out and looks kinda sick so i don't know if i want to get more or not and any other suggestions about what other fish i should get i am going to be getting more tiger barbs i am thinking maybe 4 or 5 more of them

i would like to stay with smaller fish if i could and are there and shark looking fish that i might be ablt to get?

cory's have a wierd behavior. Mine will be all mellow and cool one second, then they act like theres a fire in the tank and swim around like crazy. Its probably just their typical behavior. Id say 3-4 more tiger barbs would be ok, and 4-5 cory's. I dont know of any "shark looking" fish other than bala sharks which get way too big for your tank. You might be able to do something like khuli loaches, i dont know much about them, but im sure somebody here does..

interesting yea he might be mad that he is getting kicked out of his hiding spot by my verry shy placo and he just keeps swimming up to one corner and staying there as long as he can the barbs might be picking on him a little too though

well cory's are shoaling fish, just like tiger barbs. They get somewhat insecure when theyre not in a group. Thats probably alot of the problem there. It needs friends lol. What kind of cory is it? Ive got julies, and i want to get pandas. I had albinos once, and they were pretty cool

Well you also have to remember like i said the barbs can get aggressive, so the cories might be getting picked on but like rookie said it sounds like the corie is getting stressed with not being in a group. Also make sure you have more then 1 cave, plecos like to have there own cave and not sharing it. Also for a shark looking fish that would do well would be a redtail shark but it really needs a 50g atleast since it is very active so unless you upgrade i would stay away from that.

Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Redtail Shark

I would say that would be your best bet. I would say with the amount of barbs you have they have taking up most of your room and the cories will take up most of your floor space for fish. The only think i think i would change from what i have read and like i said earlier i would make sure i would have 1 or 2 more caves.

you could always do fiddler crabs. I have some in with my corys and gouramis. As long as they have a way to get out of the water, they will be ok. Shrimp wouldnt be a good idea, as most fish love to eat them. What kind of substrate do you have? If you dont already use it, pfs is the best way to go, especially with bottom dwelling fish like corys...

What rookie said, except i think bamboo shrimp would be fine in that tank. The only thing is again like i said you need some good hiding places for when the molt there shell for when they grow.

something like a few rocks piled up with some "caves" would work just fine for something like etunes is talking about. The corys like to hide occasionally, and will give them a place of "security" if they ever feel the need. You can also buy some decorations, that usually look hideous, but they would work if youre in to that kind of thing

yea only use a fake stump and a old looking ancre ill take a pict of the tank latter in the mean time thanks all and im heded to go get a few more tiger barbs

Fiddler are in brackish aren't they? but i have seen them kept in FW all the time with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom