what other foods can I feed my dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought my first ever dwarf puffer about 4 days ago (I've wanted one for years but have never been able to get one). Anyway Ritorufugu (means little puffer in japanese) seems to have settled in well.

So far it's tried bloodworms, daphnia and for the first time today some brine shrimp. If bought some fruit flies for it to try, but it won't go to the surface to eat so those are a no go. It also loves those ramshorn snails. It seems to like being hand fed the bloodworms.

Is there any other food it could eat.

Live black worms are my go to for my puffers. Really simple to culture them, all you need is a small plastic tub, something for them to hold on to and water. Just throw whatever you have for them to hold onto in the tub (I used plastic mesh) and fill it up with 1/2-3/4" water. Really simple, just clean the container and change water every couple days, you don't have to feed or anything.

I had figure 8 puffers and I fed them frozen bloodworms and snails. I fed them 80% snails to keep their teeth small. Hopefulythat helps a little bit

Unlike most other puffers, dwarfs teeth actually don't grow so they don't need hard or shelled foods.

Back
Top Bottom