What plants next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malupoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I just did a massive over haul of my 35g as I was unhappy with the jungle/messy look. And I also had lots of "easy" plants.

I'm pretty happy with my hardscape now and am just after advice on what plants should add too fill in.

I'm ideally looking to fill in the back portion of my tank where you can see the fish hanging out.

But will take any advice on how I can improve my tank you give.
My lighting is medium/high range with pressurized co2 and dosing flourish twice a week

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408003917.579155.jpg

A little photo if my favorite plant too, I got this as the smallest stem from my shop for free and I love how it looks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408004032.309530.jpg

Sorry for cloudy water was right after the over haul

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could try a Bacopa spp (e.g. - caroliniana). They adapt to a variety of light levels.
Or a frill like stem such as ambulia, cabomba, myrio, or Pogostemon erectus. I am growing R wallichii and it has been a challenge for some reason.
The rear portion of the tank looks dark IMO. Is this due to shading from the crinium leaves and/or the position of the light fixture?
Something like Staurogynes repens in the front left corner would look nice.

Lighting is centered so I believe it's the crypt balanese shading it. They are growing larger and larger and popping up all over the place ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh, that's a crypt? That is HUGE. Would not have guessed it. Looks like you have ideal conditions for it.
I have my light centered but I tend to trim anything that gets over 3/4 of the tank height (so there is no shading). I used to have more rocks and driftwood but I plant the trimmings, run out of room, and have to make a decision on what to keep. The rocks and DW often lose out. I like to do an alternating green and red theme to break things up. Here is a recent pic http://i.imgur.com/HNl1Vzk.jpg I just shipped out about 50-60 star repens stems.
Once it gets going, it gets thick and requires regular pruning.

Back
Top Bottom