What r they doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunny004

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-1428616011.jpg

I came home, and they're just sitting there like that at the top of the tank near the surface of the water. No one seems to mind, everything seems fine. Is there magic in the air?

Magic could be on its way. They need to lay eggs above the water line and keep eggs dry.

Here are my first Golden snail eggs...due to hatch sometime this week!

60074-albums11380-picture50814.jpg
[/IMG]

I have 1 golden snail and am planning to get a few more this next week. My current snail has never laid eggs, but I am hoping to get some eggs after adding a few friends in there. What do you do with the babies when they hatch? Can they stay in the main tank or do they need to go to a "fry" tank?

The babies will instinctively crawl down the glass into the water, from there if you have fish that won't go after them you could have quite a few in your tank. I had two egg sacs hatch before and it was quite exciting seeing them go straight to the water.

If you do get eggs laid above your water line do not soak them or submersed em in water. If your tank is humid enough that will suffice to keep them going. I know some people must them with a spray bottle. Also after 2 weeks or so shine a flashlight into them and if you see black dots you have babies. If they are clear they were fertilized.

I think the moma was trying to find a place to lay an egg sac and she climbed out the back of the tank and fell to the floor...we did not get her back into the tank in time or the fall (4') did her in. Sadness.

Back
Top Bottom