What size tank do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuG

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, the other day I asked about canopies for this free 55g aquarium I got, and got some nice advice about measuring (what a great idea, actually measuring things!)
So, now I am thoroughly confused. My firend told me that this was a 55g tank, so I just always assumed it was.
The measurements are (roughly):
48¼" long : 20½" high : 18¼" deep

These are outside dimensions, and do include the trim, but they just seem wierd to me for a 55g. Of course having never owned anything but a 10g before this I don't have a clue!
Anybody clue me in on if it really is a 55g, or is it bigger than that?

Yeah, I was leaning toward it being a 75g, but didn't want to go jumping to more stupid conclusions.
Glad I ordered the AQ 110 instead of the 70!
Sweeeeet!
Time to rethink the stocking all over again. Good thing I'm a long way off from even putting a fish in it yet. lol.

So, the other day I asked about canopies for this free 55g aquarium I got, and got some nice advice about measuring (what a great idea, actually measuring things!)
So, now I am thoroughly confused. My firend told me that this was a 55g tank, so I just always assumed it was.
The measurements are (roughly):
48¼" long : 20½" high : 18¼" deep

These are outside dimensions, and do include the trim, but they just seem wierd to me for a 55g. Of course having never owned anything but a 10g before this I don't have a clue!
Anybody clue me in on if it really is a 55g, or is it bigger than that?

Congratulations! Sounds like you're the proud owner of a 75E! A 55 gal would be about 6 inches less in width (front to back).

Edit ... since other's have beat me to the punch:facepalm: .. I'll add that I think a 75E is a GREAT tank size! Not too big to require an entire wall, but large enough to offer a great variety of stocking options!

Back
Top Bottom