What test kit should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvillenative

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im looking at buying a test kit on a small budget. Would the 34$ reef master kit from petsmart be an accurate choice or do I need to bite the bullet?

I know API sells a pretty good test kit, I think their saltwater one is about $30 at petsmart, but if you order it online ive seen it at about $25 good luck!

The reef master kit is for corals, you want the saltwater master kit if youre looking for the basics.

BUT if you already have it and you are looking for phosphate, calcium, alkalinity and magnesium I would get the separate tests from salifert. More money but the results are so much better and easier to read. You don't have to get them all at once either, you can do what I did and get one test every month or so, lessens the $$ it seems. lol

You can get cheap salifert from
ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Food/Dry

The prices arent bad..... :)

Red sea has a reef foundation kit which is calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium all in 1 kit. It's 50 bucks. Way cheaper than doing them separately

Wow can't beat those Amazon prices! It's hard to pass up the whole kit for $20 and both kits for $41. I'm gona try these first I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom