What the???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralAnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in the suburbs of Little Rock, Arkansas
We are on vacation in Florida, and these little "things" are on the shoreline...everywhere!!! At first we thought they were some sort of jelly fish because that's what they feel like but they are oval-shaped blobs. I'm thinking maybe...um...some kinda fish eggs??? I dunno...feeling a little ignorant!!! Help!!! (plz :) I'm trying to post a pic...hold steady with me!!!

coralann said:
we are on vacation in florida, and these little "things" are on the shoreline...everywhere!!! At first we thought they were some sort of jelly fish because that's what they feel like but they are oval-shaped blobs. I'm thinking maybe...um...some kinda fish eggs??? I dunno...feeling a little ignorant!!! Help!!! (plz :) i'm trying to post a pic...hold steady with me!!!

image-513179637.jpg

Yeah...a jelly I think.

Cap.that is in our cast nets we also catch seahorses bit never take them home its just fun to catch them and check them out

Without seeing a pic, I would think they are probably jellies. We do get various types of jellyfish in Florida from time to time. They aren't usually a problem, but sometimes show up in large numbers.
Can you get a pic?

Yes this phone has a mind of its own but yes in the pic I did not see tentacles plus jellys are tend to lay flat when they get washed up on the beach of course this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong grabbed on once be for turned out to be a jelly stung the piss out of me

ambassador said:
Yes this phone has a mind of its own but yes in the pic I did not see tentacles plus jellys are tend to lay flat when they get washed up on the beach of course this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong grabbed on once be for turned out to be a jelly stung the piss out of me

I agree!!! These guys are a bit firm, no tentacles, and don't sting!!!

It's not the entire jellyfish, looks like jellyfish tissue (Mesoglea)

Attachments

• image-2424206519.jpg
    image-2424206519.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom