What to do with now open 45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have gotten a 100 gallon for my africans and now have a open 45 gallon tank and do not know what to put in it. Give me any ideas that you have!

some endlers liverbearers. I think you should get maybe a pleco or some cories as well

Terraphyte Tank

I have gotten a 100 gallon for my africans and now have a open 45 gallon tank and do not know what to put in it. Give me any ideas that you have!

Hello The...

How about a tank that needs no water changes? You just emerse land plants in the tank water and the roots maintain pure water conditions for the fish. No filtration needed either, just top off the water every couple of days and the fish always have pure water. The fish provide the nutrients and the plants absolutely thrive. I'm trimming these plants every few days. Attached is a pic.

Just a thought.

B

Attachments

• WP_20130416_004.jpg
    WP_20130416_004.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 56
How about a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair festivum cichlids, 8 cardinals and 6 panda cory cats. Festivums like tall plants from the bottom of the tank to the top to float through, and around. The rams like rocks and wood on the bottom to create some tunnels. The neons and cories will create good movement, and the festivums will just float slowly around. They are a lot like angles but they are smaller (about 4 inches) and less likely to become territorial.

I do like the festivium idea, I already have a plethora of rams in another tank. Perhaps some other dwarf cichlid. Cryptotheros if I can find one

Back
Top Bottom