what to feed loaches once the snails are gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
This question was somewhat similar to Glitch's post but I didn't want to hijack the thread...

I got two B. striata to clean up my massive snail problem, which they did in a month. Now I have a snail free tank, but no more snails for the loaches to eat. I feed my tank a variety of flake and frozen foods, including sinking shrimp pellets and algae wafers, but the loaches aren't aggressive feeders and all the rest of my fish are (rainbows, tiger barbs, SAEs, BN plecos etc). I'm worried the loaches aren't getting enough food. Any idea how or what I can feed them?? They are super cool fish and have become one of my favorites already!

P1000616.JPG

give em' some blood worms...they usually go right after those, but they also get any left over food on the ground, so as long as ther'es some there, they're prolly eating.

Strange, I have the same loach and a major snail problem, he willnot eat the snails, wonder why??

Loaches will find the food as LWB said especially at night. I feed my loaches, pellets, shrimp, bloodworms, zucchini and algae wafers.

My yo yo's will eat anything. It took them a few months before they felt comfortable enough to go to the surface for food, but now they are all over the place at feeding time and not the least bit shy. Maybe yours will come around. Until then I wouldn't worry much about it, just toss in a little extra at lights out. I'm sure they are eating more than what you think.

My botia loves meat. He loves frozen or freeze dried brine shrimp and freeze dried krill. The clowns love just about everything, especially zucchini.

DSC00041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom