What to feed plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damian

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys so I wanted to know if I can add anything else to make my plants grow. So far I'm using flourish tabs, flourish flourish excel and flourish. Trying to stay away from co2. 55g tank with 4ho bulbs.

Hey guys so I wanted to know if I can add anything else to make my plants grow. So far I'm using flourish tabs, flourish flourish excel and flourish. Trying to stay away from co2. 55g tank with 4ho bulbs.

Add Excel daily that's your Carbon source. Add it in the beginning of your photoperiod. Don't leave lights on too long. Have patience. New plants need to adjust.

What are you growing ? Pictures ?

My semi neglected 55g

Using Thrive all-in-one for Macros and Micros
Excel
DIY Osmocote Root Tabs

I don't use all 4 bulbs except for 2 hours a day.

IMG_2628.jpg
My Crypt pontederiifolia is starting to send out runners.
My L aromatica responds when I stay up on water changes and ferts.

IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg

Yea I'd knock the t5ho's back to only 2 if your not using presurised. 4 t5's is a lot of light, i recon if you use all 4 for full photoperiod u will end up with algae. U can start with all 4 but if u end up with algae issues I'd turn them off 1 by 1 over a few weeks untill it disappears and u know how much light is perfect for your setup

Back
Top Bottom