What type of fish can i have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuwickwar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently got a tropical fish tank it is 25 litres. I bought 5 guppys and 2 mollies . I would like some other fish that can go in with these? Would an angel fish be ok?

That's 6 US gallons.

I'm sorry to say that you're overstocked already. Mollies require 20 gallons. The guppies should have 10. Angelfish should have 30. It's really important to do species research PRIOR to purchasing your fish.

You could return the fish and make it a shrimp tank.

You could have like max two guppies out of all those. But those require bigger tanks.
You could get a Betta fish (male), with a snail/shirmpies.

Well the people in the aquarium shop recommended the tank and said they were the fish we should start with :s

They LIED, hardcore Haha. I suggest taking them back and trading them in/getting a refund.

Meh I'd keep what you have and see how it turns out, just don't buy anymore! And make sure u have a nice filter, good water quality, etc.

Yet more examples of bad trading standards in pet shops, guarantee it was chain store. Seriously though, we don't try to put a downer on your new tank - but a lot of the members on here have years of experience and I've found them very honest and helpful, though we all do things differently and have are own thoughts on stocking on this issue im sure most will agree if you continue to stock the tank with more fish your just going to run into trouble.

Just a hobby said:
Meh I'd keep what you have and see how it turns out, just don't buy anymore! And make sure u have a nice filter, good water quality, etc.

No. Don't keep the mollies, or the guppies. Just start fresh. Is the tank cycled ? What's the parameters?

Back
Top Bottom