What worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynightmare1

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-266762385.jpg
So I had a bristle worm an went to get it out.
Long story short my partner smashed the rock out of frustration an we found this worm

image-3906666685.jpg

It got torn apart as you can see but it was huge
Could it be this kinda worm

image-3240226983.jpg

Scary to see how big they get

So I had a bristle worm an went to get it out.
Long story short my partner smashed the rock out of frustration an we found this worm

It got torn apart as you can see but it was huge
Could it be this kinda worm

Scary to see how big they get

Why did you want to remove the bristle worm? IMO they do no harm. That second one could of been a bobbit worm which are huge and eat everything. Did you have any livestock disappearing before now, if not I doubt it was one of those. Those worms are highly predatory.

I love my bristle worms. As for the second one I had two of those in two different rocks and it would hide the minute the light would come on

I have heard good an bad things about the bristle worm. An I have had some strange things happen in my tank lately I was getting cloudy puffy of water coming from the rock an something suck away half my flower pot so now he has a bald head. An I thought if a bristle worm bristles can get stuck in human skin y not in the tissue of a soft coral?
then I found two large pieces of fish bone when I turned the rock up.
So I thought better be safer than sorry an remover what was in there.

I have heard good an bad things about the bristle worm. An I have had some strange things happen in my tank lately I was getting cloudy puffy of water coming from the rock an something suck away half my flower pot so now he has a bald head. An I thought if a bristle worm bristles can get stuck in human skin y not in the tissue of a soft coral?
then I found two large pieces of fish bone when I turned the rock up.
So I thought better be safer than sorry an remover what was in there.

Could of definitely been a Bobbit worm then! I've never had a problem with bristleworms in my tanks ever. They are 100% beneficial IMO.

Back
Top Bottom