What wrong with my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candywhite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK so it started with ick. I treated that and lost a few fish in the process. Now my angel fish have red around their fins and one all around its body. Ammonia is 0
Nitrate 20
Nitrite is 2.0
Now I know my tank has to cycle again as I used a medication for the ick. But I'm just worried and was wondering what other people think.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399775275266.jpg
    1399775275266.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1399775286382.jpg
    1399775286382.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 89
35 gallon tank with two angel two albino Cory two guppies( males) and two platty (females) and one molly (unknown) plalco and two dwarf frogs
Last water change was today 25% has been set up for 6 weeks and was fully cycled until I got ick. No new fish. No change in diet.

Sounds like they could have burns? Maybe from the treatment you used, i would up your water changes 50 % and hopefully someone else will chime in. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I went to the store where I got them and they said it's most likely to be a blood infection. Hopefully the stuff they gave me helps :)

One of my angels got thin red lines along his back and stomach where fins start sometimes its due to stress. I hope your angel has a speedy recovery :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks me too. One wasn't eating. And this morning he ate. so hopefully it means they are getting better :)

You need to reduce those nitrites to below 1. Do another 50% water change today and monitor close. What is your ammonia reading? PH?

im thinking you had a mini cycle, which would explain the nitrite and could explain the redness (ammonia burns)?

Ammonia was at 0 now it's at 0.05 and I'm not sure on ph as I don't have a test yet

Update. They all seem healthy now. All signs of redness is gone :) thanks

Back
Top Bottom