What's in your nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mai

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been reading about nano tank and I'm curious about what people keep in their nano tanks. With that said "What is in your nano tanks?"

I have a 10g nano i started a little while ago. I have a toadstool, pumping xenia, green star polyp, percula clown, 15lbs of live rock, 1" sand bed. Gona get open brain soon and ricordia.

Hi biotoxin,
I am thinking about the same setup -- a clown in a 10 gallon. Is your percula Ok by himself? Is he a false or true percula? I was thinking about a fire or peppermint shrimp to keep the percula company a little bit, and also for cleaning. Would they get along?

We have a 5 gallon with live rock and live sand and some green star polyps, snails, 1 hermit crab, and a brown cheeked blenny which stays very small. We've had it for about 6 or 7 months, no protein skimmer just a filter minus the carbon and a small powerhead, haven't had any trouble with this tank at all and it has so much life in it. Good luck with your nano! :)

An t-iasg

I was told he's ocellaris (false clown) but his markings are darker and he looks like a true perc. He just started hosting my pumping xenia last night, he's a crackhead :) The shrimp and clown should get along ok, i have hermits and he never bothers them.

I was thinking about 2 false percs, a serpent star and an anemone with 15 lbs of live rock and a 1 inch sand bed.

I wouldnt jump on the anemone bandwagon at first. Learn about saltwater first and basic corals then youll be ready for one. They like ideal light conditions and they tend to move around a lot and possibly sting other corals. I wont say they're all bad cuz i dont wana hara breathing down my neck :)

Back
Top Bottom