What's killing my clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
3 clowns in the past 2weeks have died two were true percula clowns the other was a Picasso but they keep dropping dead I have three other fish and nothing's wrong with them I have a spotted hawkfish a majestic angel and a white jawed cardinal fish what could be killing just my clowns it's making me very mad

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Do they have a white coating to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No they don't have a white coating but the angel is only 3-4days old in my tank and has stayed behind the rock the whole time hardly goes out for food he waits for it behind the rock it's a 40gallon

Do the clowns have ripped fins, missing scales, etc?

No and my majestic angel just died over night my hawkfish doesn't seem to mess with other fish I don't understand any of this this has never happened to me before

Velvet??? I've never heard of it

I jut got them tested and they said my parameters are insanely amazing

Insanely amazing means diddly squat. Something is wrong and insanely amazing answers nothing. Numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. You say you just added the angel 2 days ago right? (Won't even get into that angel needing a much much bigger tank) Sounds like it brought something into your system. The tank size and moving the angel probably caused whatever parasite or illness to present itself.

They didn't give me number they just said they're amazing for an all rock tank this has been going on for about two weeks

No no no it's been happening for about 2 weeks the tank is over 1 yea old

My advice would be stop spending money on livestock and invest in a quality (not api) test kit.

So if you just bought the angel and the store said your parameters are "amazing" then of course they will give you full credit for the fish, correct?

That they gave you "amazing" as an answer to how your water is AND sold you that angel for a 40 gallon most certainly calls into question both their competence and integrity.

the death of the new angel and the clowns may be coincidence.
one reason for solving one problem or mystery death before adding new livestock. ;)

Back
Top Bottom