What's that Pleco-mon!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InkedUpHero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got two plecos from my pet store a few months ago. They were labeled as "large" plecos. I think they are common but I don't know. Please help. I was to new to the hobby when I got them. I thought they were full grown.

20170805_021014.jpg20170805_021041.jpg20170805_021225.jpg

i do believe they are common pleco. Please do yourself a favor and research the fish you want to buy. I also hope you have a large tank as they an grow over a 1ft in size.

Almost anything labelled with a size is just in reference to how big it is compared to average purchase size. Exceptions would be 'dwarf' or 'pygmy' and I'd just keep away from anything labelled 'giant' unless you have a room filled with water (y)

I now research all fish instead of impulse buy. Thanks. I need a bigger tank or find them a new home.

If you can't afford a bigger tank which I'm not trying to bash your or anything for it because I know they are pretty expensive I would try and relocate them. You can easily find someone with a big enough tank if you post it in Craigslist or maybe a forum for your local city or town.

If you can't afford a bigger tank which I'm not trying to bash your or anything for it because I know they are pretty expensive I would try and relocate them. You can easily find someone with a big enough tank if you post it in Craigslist or maybe a forum for your local city or town.
I've been trying that but people mostly have 10g and 20g tanks that get a hold of me. I could save and get a 100g or 200g I a few months but I live in a small apartment and I think a 75 might be the best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom