Whats up with my dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdubbz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I bought a cobalt blue male dwarf gourami from my lfs a few weeks back, my tank has been running fine after stocking it after the fishless cycle. Yesterday after I did a 50% water change, I noticed my DG's mouth was wide open, and a few times he was laying down on his side breathing heavily. It is still like this today, he still eats and seems to act normal now, but just looks like he is uncomfortable with his mouth like this. Heres a Pic.

Attachments

• gourami.jpg
    gourami.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 105
oh no I just found my dg on his side again breathing heavily, I dont know whats wrong but he is definitly not doing well.

Attachments

• gourami sick.jpg
    gourami sick.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 111
Do you have an air pump? What is your temperature? His colour looks good, that's a good sign. Does his mouth open and close with gill movement or is it just fixed open?

i have two angels plus sponge filters that run on air. pH is 7.6, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate, kH 3 degrees. I also have a emperor 280 hob. He will lay on the bottom for about 8-10 mins and the bolt to the top to get air, and swims around and then with a few minutes goes back to the bottom to lay down. His mouth is fixed open and is breathing constantly. Tank temp is 78f.

Sorry just see it on the bottom of your post. All your perameters and temp are fine for them :/ could he have something stuck in his gills? Are there any other external signs at all?

Sounds like the virus to me.You'll have to look it up.See my post about my gourami:(Setterlover

Back
Top Bottom