Whats wrong with hatchets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do hatchets need to eat in the dark? I dont think they do but they havent been eating with the other fish. I feed flakes, spectrum pellets, dried blood worms, betta pellets, frozen glass worms and frozen blood worms. One of them messes with flakes but for the most part they dont eat.

Yea they seem to be acting normal. Thats why its kind of concerning me. I mean they are new to the tank but are shaoling up with the gold tetras or sitting near the top.

Yea they seem to be acting normal. Thats why its kind of concerning me. I mean they are new to the tank but are shaoling up with the gold tetras or sitting near the top.

Hatchets are pretty much exclusively top lever dwellers and that is to be expected all of the time. If you want something that will swim at all levels you need to look into another fish such as danios, neon tetras or cardinal tetras. Tetras are schooling fish and danios are pretty much all over the place chasing each other. I guess it depends on what you like.

I wouldn't worry about your hatchets. Their behavior seems perfectly normal.

Hatchets are pretty much exclusively top lever dwellers and that is to be expected all of the time. If you want something that will swim at all levels you need to look into another fish such as danios, neon tetras or cardinal tetras. Tetras are schooling fish and danios are pretty much all over the place chasing each other. I guess it depends on what you like.

I wouldn't worry about your hatchets. Their behavior seems perfectly normal.

Yea I got them cause they do stay at the top I was just concerned about them not attacking the food like everything else

Back
Top Bottom