whats wrong with my angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vvjosh06

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed this guy rubbing on a rock today. First time I've seen him so it so I got up to look for ich and found this. I really need help guys. He also has little black spots that look like pepper. I have another the same size as this guy and has nothing on him but little black spots that look like pepper. Water parameters- ammonia-0 nitrites-0 nitrates-40 ph-6.4.

ForumRunner_20131111_172242.jpg

If you can, look from the front of the fish or from above down the fish and see if the black spots are in the fish or ON the fish. If they are on the fish, they will be sticking out from the body. If this is the case, it is a parasite and needs to be treating ( scratching is usually a sign of parasites). This would be a new parasite to me in FW but we had this parasite in saltwater fish ( showed up really well on Yellow Tangs.)
If you can't tell, I'd suggest you net the fish and take a good look at these spots to determine whether coloration or parasite.

Hope this helps

The black spots appear to be part of the coloring. Also could it be from my other angel? The 2 bicker and square off A LOT.

Possibly. If the one uses it's Dorsal Fin to fight off the other, it may be from that. As long as the spots don't get worse or change location or change color, just leave it alone. ;)

Keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom