Whats wrong with my Sunshine (Platy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjas007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Sunshine is sitting on the bottom of the tank, moving slow and breaths heavy. I noticed this yesterday, I have a 10 gal w/3 Platy's (Sunshine has been moved out for now), 2 Otto's, 4 Danios all approx 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length. I done a water change on wednesday night and vaccummed gravel. The water parameters are ammonia 1 and rising (I've posted abt this problem before), nitrite and nitrate are both 0, ph i forgot to check. I also used aquarium salt, aquasafe and amquel+ with water change. I haven't put in anyting new in abt a month - I have had my tank up for approx 5-6 months - I have had Sunshine and the band (Sorry got caught up in the moment) for 4 months. I have been doing the same things for a while for them. For filtration I have whisper unit I don't remember the # it came with the tank.

BTW how long am I supposed to use the Amquel+ before it starts to work. I have used this at every water change and I perform water changes once a week.

I am so unhappy now... no sooner than I posted my message I went to check on my tank and I found one of my Otto's on the bottom DEAD... I love my Otto's they are so peaceful... Ok whats wrong, whats going on. I have had Otto1 as long as I have my Sunshine. Could the ammonia be catching up to them... How do I get rid of this ammonia problem - I have also tried to find the good bacteria boosters that was suggested once before and couldn't find any. HELP!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom