What's your favorite cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will all be in species only tanks at some point but I have to move some Geo's and Angels and a few other fish downstairs so I can have all my Apisto's in my room. I spend so much time staring/watching these fish it's not even funny. I've got them in 20longs or 40Breeders that are heavily planted and some of the smaller ones in 10's but they are all heavily planted with driftwood so everybody gets along. Once I rehouse some fish in the basement I can get everybody where I want them. Breed as many as I can. A few of them have already started the process but it never really went anywhere. The females turn a really bright yellow, its so cool.

So far, my favorite cichlid is my cobalt blue zebra cichlids. I love their coloring and I love their personalities of each! :)

Mbuna world all types. And a few pics of my guys

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399509622495.jpg
    1399509622495.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 103
  • 1399509642580.jpg
    1399509642580.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 102
85813-albums13956-picture66658.jpg

Finally got a decent picture of one of them. Apistogramma Papagei.

Apisto panduro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400603766565.jpg
    1400603766565.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 102
Yeah the little Panduro's are really cool. One of my females is coloring up. It is so cool to watch that whole process as they change colors.

Yeah the little Panduro's are really cool. One of my females is coloring up. It is so cool to watch that whole process as they change colors.

Yah mine are still tiny and the female still hides all the time.. he is fun to observe though, zippy Lil guy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know they're common as dirt but I've always had a soft spot for Dempsey's and Firemouths.

Perhaps because they were the original aquarium bad#sses

Regardless of the reasons, they're good looking fish

Back
Top Bottom