What's your favorite/least favorite tank shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really like the look of column-shaped and cube-shaped tanks for some reason. I don't really dislike traditional rectangular-shaped tanks, they're just not my favorite. I almost always dislike the look of any tank that is rounded, whether it's a bowfront, an orb, or a cylindrical column. I don't really know why, but those have been my preferences pretty much my whole life.

What's your opinion?

I like long oval tanks. They let larger fish stretch out and swim laps. I'm a big fan of a center piece in these tanks too for the fish to swim around.

I REALLY dislike tall hexagon shaped tanks. Rectangular shapes, like long tanks, are my favorites. For a long time I disliked bowfront tanks but now that I have one I actually don't mind it at all.

I like half-back hex tanks. I don't really dislike any tank shape except for little fish bowls

I like bowfronts, cube, and rectangular tanks. I really don't like octagon tanks.

I'm a fan of the good, old-fashioned rectangular tanks. I dislike tanks that are taller than they are long, because not only does it minimize the surface area at the bottom of the tank, but it makes maintenance problematic.

I don't like tall hex tanks and 360 cylinder type tanks.

Ya know I like a little height. Light spreads better. I have the 29G and 20Long. Same footprint but the lack of depth in the 20 keeps the light to narrow of focus.

Hex is a problem for stocking. They do make a good fowlr tank if stocking is low.

Back
Top Bottom