When ick starts to go away ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
... what happens? Do you just start seeing a lessoning of the white spots? My fish seem to be responding very well to the heat treatment but I am not seeing the spots going away yet. I have had the temp at it's peak of 87.5 since Thursday. I know it takes patience. I was just wondering what everyone has experienced in the past. Thanks.

In my case, it looks like the Ich fell off and what used to be a bump is no longer a bump. There are still light colored spots on the fish where the Ich was attached, I guess it damages the scales and leaves a mark?

Well, I have been using the heat treatment on my fish now for about a week. All of the white spots are gone, but I am still going to wait a few more day before I add them back to the main tank. I started to see a lessening of the white spots about 5 days after I started the heat treatment, they started by shrinking...maybe try up-ing the temp a little more. HTH :)

I think I will up the temp again and get it at 88 degrees and see what happens. Maybe when I get home today I will see a difference. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom