When will my p.bass get there true colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 peacock bass they are all doing very well and I have got them from half an inch to around 2, I was just wondering when they start to develop their true colours like the spot by their tail and their gold/yellow colour.

I have 4 peacock bass they are all doing very well and I have got them from half an inch to around 2, I was just wondering when they start to develop their true colours like the spot by their tail and their gold/yellow colour.

I have the same question,what size tank do you have?

Rite now they are in a 55g grow out tank so my catfish don't eat them :)

Just researched it a little and it seems they start to colour up at around 5" but depends on water quality and diet a lot, and they should have there true colour at about 16" I hope someone with 1st hand experience can back this up

Just researched it a little and it seems they start to colour up at around 5" but depends on water quality and diet a lot, and they should have there true colour at about 16" I hope someone with 1st hand experience can back this up

16" wow that's a big fish.Gonna need a big tank for them.

I know I'm building a 600+ gallon now and I'm planning a bigger 1 in the next year or 2

Thanks :D I will def be adding some pics as its being built, should be done by the summer :p

Back
Top Bottom