whenever I add a new fish the new fish dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool parents! :)

The yellow tang idea is not going to work, even in a 55g. I'd consider something like a Kole or Tomini. Even those are usually 75g. Tangs like space to swim and get stressed without it. Stress causes lower immune system, which opens them up to things like Ich or Velvet. That's no good. Butterflies are tricky and should really be introduced into a very established tank.

Don't stress about the LFSs not quarantining their fish. I've never heard if a store that does a 6 week QT for all new fish. It would not be cost effective to do. They will sometimes have a separate tank to use for QT if a fish has issues before it sells. My LFS had a cool Mystery Wrasse in theirs. Looked terrible for about a month, but looks great now.

And Yes, it is good to have light off when acclimating new fish.

My new favorite fish is the tanaka Pygmy wrasse or long nose hawkfish

Tanakas and Whitbandeds are cool. Very timid, so anything even semi-aggressive with them in a tank could spook them and made them not come out much.

Long noses are great fish. Had one in an old reef tank for several years. Always out and perched on something.

Ill ask my lfs to order me a long nose if they sell them cheap there

Will a Pygmy angel scare him ? Cause they are semi aggresive ?

Back
Top Bottom