Where can I find a light bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 110w CF fixture on my 75 g planted tank. One of the bulbs burned out. I ran to a small hardware store down the street with the 55w bulb and they didn't have anything like it. So I ran to Lowes. They didn't have anything either. So I figured I'd go to Petsmart since it's a lamp for a fish tank. They didn't have the bulb either. Then I ran to a small LFS down the street. They had a 65 w bulb that the claimed would work, but it's $40 and I refuse to spend that much on a light bulb. Any other ideas where I could look locally? I'm kind of trying to save on shipping. The bulb is a 55w 8,000K T6 bulb.

Try BigAlsOnline :) I just ordered lights from them and they are great. In fact i usually go to the store to look at what i want and then order from Big Als for cheaper :)

It's a great store, I highly recommend it.

-Pleco

Are there any chain stores that might have them? Any place besides the standard hardware stores or fish stores I guess? I feel sorry for my poor fish sitting half in darkness all day long.

A lot of LFS sell the PC bulbs IME, but they are generally cheaper online even with the cost of shipping. I have never seen bulbs like what you want at any hardware stores so I think your best bet is to either order online or pay more at the LFS to get the bulb immediately.

JMO.

Yeah, you can't "fear" the online shopping experience, it is the only way to go. All of that running you did adds up in terms of gas. Your fish should be fine with only half of the light. Your plants on the hand might be missing them, just order them. IMO whenever I am going to buy something over 20 bucks or so, the amount you save from buying online will outweigh the cost of shipping. Plus you save your time and gas.

Although you can't beat Petsmarts return policy, price matching (of their online prices), and at times you can't beat Petsmarts online prices. Just my little plug.

Check your phonebook for electrical supply/lighting stores. All the major manufacturers make those types of tubes, in a variety of colour temps.

Back
Top Bottom