Where can i store fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im going to be doing my first full water exchanges and am wondering where i can store the fish for a day or two? I have 5 3" fancies 1 10" pleco and four koi one 3" two5" and one 10". (i know about the koi their getting a pond after winter is done)

+1
Changing all the water isnt a big deal to me but I do want to know why they would be out of the tank for more than hour? You can always place them in the bathtub as long as its clean & soap-free or some clean garbage cans but this is only short term, not overnight.

To change the rocks and get new ones and were Going to clean the glass also. But i thought you had to let the water sit for a day since its brand new?

So pretty much starting over? You're gonna kill the BB from the gravel?

You don't have to change gravel unless you want to... sounds like the fish store just wants you to buy new gravel. Just do your 50% weekly WC, clean your glass with an algae magnet, and your fine.

Don't change the gravel unless you want something different. The LFS probably just wants you to buy more. Think how much they'd make if all their customers replaced their gravel once a year...

You actually have a lot of BB living in your gravel so you should clean it but there rarely is need to replace it.

Just hydro-vac the gravel to pick up the loose waste and use the magnet algae scrubber, combined with the 50% wc and you should be good. No need to stress the fish that way.

Alright i feel so stupid now haha, but oh well. But yeah ill just continue with the 50% everyweek.

Koikeeper99 said:
Alright i feel so stupid now haha, but oh well. But yeah ill just continue with the 50% everyweek.

We all got to learn somehow, good thing we're on this forum though we won't have to learn the hard way like most of the experienced members here did :)

NexVobis said:
We all got to learn somehow, good thing we're on this forum though we won't have to learn the hard way like most of the experienced members here did :)

Yeah this forum has saved me plenty of times

Back
Top Bottom