Where did they go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought three yoyo loaches last night. I saw all three go into the tank, I saw all three in the tank at one point, then one disappears. In my dissappointment, I go back today and pick up three more, and a farlowella algea eater (really cool fish btw). Two died on the way home (this lfs only has a 48 hour return policy, and it is 45 minutes away from my house. Not too worried about the money) and the last one made it into the tank. The other two from yesterday were out and about when I added the single one into the tank. Now I can only find one, the newest one.

Where did the other three yoyos go? Can they/will they bury themselves in the sand? No one in the tank is big enough to eat them. I don't have that many "good" hiding spots in the tank, we have already taken out all the rocks when we looked for the first one that disappeared last night.

Any suggestions?

They are great at hiding. Any driftwood or ornaments with small holes they could fit into? Mine wedge themselves into the tightest places, and have dug larger holes from small holes into the driftwood, and all the bits of driftwood they dug is on top of my pool filter sand. They keep digging deeper and deeper. Sometimes they look like they are stuck, but they aren't.

i do have a peice of driftwood in the tank. it is a possibility they are in there and I couldn't see them. We pulled it out though, and couldn't find them still. They didn't even come out for the tubifex worms...maybe they will show up for some bloodworms :D

They can DIG through wood? Wow, this is great news for creating more cavernous pieces of driftwood, no?

Yes, should see some of the loach homes in my driftwood. :)

I have 3 yoyo's, 2 striped loaches, and 5 skunk loaches, and they all share and share alike. :)

Back
Top Bottom