Where should i go to get my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in Houston TX and was wondering if anyone knew some good place's where i can go to get my fish? There's only one that i really know about and it was recomended by my teacher the name of the store is Ultimate Fish but they don't have much selection for a saltwater tank.

I would PM Innovator (James) He is from the Houston area. He`ll probably see this post but it might be quicker to PM him.

These are some of the best places IMO, granted I have not visited an lfs in 6mos., but I doubt their status' have changed much:

Bay Area Aquarium
20801 Gulf Frwy #19
Webster, Texas 77598
281-557-4800

Kind of a new store and small, but a reasonable variety of livestock. I know of their wholesaler and it is a very reputable one so the fish usually come in looking healthy from the get-go. They have decent coral stock at times, but can be rather pricey. They do not cater to freshwater as far as I know.

Aquarium World
13157 Northwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77040
713-329-9989

I have always had my best luck with this place. Pretty large store with freshwater and saltwater livestock. They get a better variety of fish than other stores along with healthier looking specimens on average, but the coral stocks should be carefully chosen. Good variety of coral: yes, but be cautious of brown jelly infections (don't buy any coral from a tank in direct contact with it). Their prices used to be very competitive on a low range scale.

City Pets
9901 Beechnut St
Houston, Texas 77036

This place is great for frags'. Their regular coral stocks are expensive compared to most places, even for just average pieces. I never liked their fish selections due to health concerns, but the variety was marginal.

Fish Gallery
4527 Lomitas - 59@Kirby
Houston, Tx 77098
713-524-0173

Very expensive and have always had a disease problem with their saltwater fish. Their coral variety is ok, but very expensive. Look for the "diamond in the rough" so to speak. Their freshwater livestock is beautiful and decently priced.

Here is a link to other lfs: MARSHReef.com - Sponsors

Back
Top Bottom