Which betta to breed first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My pure black crowntail

My silver, red and blue double tail

My white and burgundy veil tail (Mloo)

My white, blue, purple and red half moon (shark)

Or My orange and blue veil tail (Tommy)

Iv bred Tommy lots of times cause he's my favorite but which ones are your favorites?
XD
Also need names for the first two XD

Attachments

• image-2377236627.jpg
    image-2377236627.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-4130159292.jpg
    image-4130159292.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3127079005.jpg
    image-3127079005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-991054462.jpg
    image-991054462.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3660746312.jpg
    image-3660746312.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 87
Name the black one Poe. He looks like the fish version of a raven... I think you should breed the blue half moon, he's pretty. Well, they're all pretty. I can't wait to breed my pair, a iridescent blue/white plakat male and a white/lavender cambodian female. How's your breeding tank set up?

Personally, I am a fan of the pure black and the orange (Tommy). Since you have bred Tommy before, I suggest the black one. :)
I agree that Poe is a cool name.

Black one Poe it is aha
I dont really like my half moon because he hurt one of me females eye when I tried to breed him haha
I also got 3 new females one of them is green :D
Iv just got a plain 5 gallon but iv got another one set up so 2 5 gallons XD
I think I'll breed shark with the green one and Poe with my purple female XD

Do you have a picture of the green female?
I don't really know anything about betta color genetics, but a green female sounds awesome! :)

I think the black and purple cross has potential for some gorgeous fish! I love the pure black Bettas. So striking! Any yay! I named your fish!

Hehe the green one is still stressed from the ride home so she's not showing full colour :/
I still need a name for the double tail lol

Out of curiosity, where are you getting all these gorgeous Bettas? My LFS gets good Bettas (they had some gorgeous snow white giant plakats when I got my male) but most LFSs I've been to, as well as most big box stores, tend to just have run of the mill veiltails and the occasional crown tail.

That was the same with mine!
They only had two cool looking ones so
I got them lol but my other lfs has some really nice fish XD theyre WAY overpriced though lol

Mine sells the Bettas for between $5-7, even the specialty ones. The snow whites were just $7! I got my gorgeous male for $5, same for my female. There's my male, no pics of the girl on my iPod though.

Wow! Very nice!
I got my half moon for $30 lol ripped off

Wow... $30 is a lot. Did you get him shipped in or did you get him at a store? Btw, mines name is Mr. Pink. Haven't named my girl yet.

Well my first attempt none survived. Second I didn't kmow you had to do a water change everyday :S lol so theyre 11 weeks and still very small but there's only 5 (one runt got eaten yesterday :() and now I have 11 babies haha once I breed the babies I'll have bigger batches that I'll sell haha I just nee bigger growout tanks and a proper brine shrimp hatchery haha

He was at the store lol everything there is overpriced though

I'm lucky, my LFS is overpriced on supplies but the fish are quality and very fairly priced. Couldn't ask for nicer owners either. I only knew about the snow whites because the owner showed them to me before she put them out for sale. It was their delivery day, and she showed me all the new arrivals to be sure I had my pick out of all the Bettas.

Haha yeah iv been trying to get a job at the pet store just so I can call dibs on the fish and not give wrong advice to anyone haha

Mine has occasionally held cool stuff until I came in to give me first dibs. Like my crayfish, who recently went for a bit of a walk he didn't make it through, sadly. I need to tell her to keep an eye out for nice females for me. She doesn't get them in too often. I can't wait to see a picture of your green one. A few years back I had a wonderful deep blue female.

I am curious to see how the offspring of those matches will turn out! I am guessing the black male with the purple female will make all dark babies, but I have no idea about the other match-up. Have you looked into betta color genetics at all to know what sort of babies you will get, or are you just going to do it and see what happens? Also, what happens when you breed 2 tail varieties together? I would think you need to breed 2 crowntails to get more crowntails, but I don't know.

Well I'm going to the lfs tomorrow and maybe getting more fish hehe I'll put on pictures tomorrow if I get more but I'll still post the green one if I don't XD

Back
Top Bottom