Which canister filter is really the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what its worth, all of the canister will function almost exactly the same. The filtering performance is more dependent on the media being used and maintenence routine than anything else. All of the better canister filters have plenty of space for whatever media someone would want to use in the order they want to use it.

For what its worth:

I have been running a Fluval 404 for a year. Set up wasent that difficult, and it really is easy to service. It has a cartridge for 4 long media strips, and 4 bins for verious loose media. Easy primer and quick disconnect.

I just bought a Magnum 350 canister to compliment it, and really was a pain to set up, and the media is far less versitile. Its polishing filter works great, however.

Thanks grimlock3000 for the suggestions to my 2 filter set-up question. Based on your list and the helpful comments of serveral others in this thread, (and after opening some boxes at the LFS!), I've decided to go with a Fluval 404 and a Penguin 330 for my 75 gal FW tank.

Now I'm wondering if I should go with 1 or 2 heaters! (I'll do a forum search to see if that topic has already been covered before I start a new thread on that one.)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom