Which cichlids to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wanting to buy some cichlids but I have angles, platys, mollies and a couple tetras curious if I could even get cichlids?

Central American dwarf cichlids! Of cours it deprnds on your tank size, how many gallons? Some common ones are german blue rams, apistogramma, Bolivian ram, kribensis, dwarf flag cichlid, and Mabye another one or two I didn't mention! But what is your exact stock and size tank?

At this moment 55 but upgrading to 120 within the next month or so

4 angles 4 Micky mouse platys 2 black mollies 1 black skirt and one zebra, 1 royal pleco, 2 common pleco and a albino Bn pleco

4 angles 4 Micky mouse platys 2 black mollies 1 black skirt and one zebra, 1 royal pleco, 2 common pleco and a albino Bn pleco 3 Dalmatian mollies
Well your tank is large enough! But you need to rehome the common plecos cuz they reach over 2 feet, and idk bout the guidelines for how many plecos in one tAnk but the others might be ok.
So you need to get 5 more black skirt tetras, they school and need at least 6. You could add 3 apistos ( 1 m and 2f) and when you get a 120 2 or 4 rams (1m1f)

Great thanks

I have Bolivian rams and I absolutely love mine! They have so much personality. I wanted
To give breeding them a try, I had 4 rams in a 30g (one recently died so I now have 3) and from time to time I have aggression. I would try and only stick with getting two rams max until you are able to get the 120.

Well I've had my 120 for almost a month now all my levels are perfect so I'm thinking about possible getting a couple rams this weekend hopefully they work out with my other fish

Back
Top Bottom