Which fish to finish the stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunakadub

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey again everyone!

So far, my 2 Albino Corys and 3 Zebra Danios have been do great in the 10g.

I'd like to top it off with maybe 1 or 2 more small fish, anyone have any suggestions?

I'd go with something that will not grow big and would be a bit more colorful since your current fish are not brightly colored.

Perhaps some Neon Tetras, Cherry Barbs, or fancy guppies.

I'll have to look into those. Which one does better in a smaller group? I know tetras do a little better in groups of 5+, but i don't think my tank can fit 5 more fish.

Another quick question: Whats something good to feed my albino corys every once in a while like a treat? They eat the TetraMin Crisps I throw in the tank, but sometimes I want to see them chow something else.

i'd say a small gourami... a brightly-coloured dwarf gourami or a honey gourami. honeys are my favourite... and they stay really tiny, only around 2-3" so that would be fine.

or you could get a couple otos, but that would leave you with no brightly-coloured fish.

even a female betta... they make good community fish and come in the same colours that the males do... you just have to look a little harder to find a pretty female. a male might be okay, but i wouldn't risk putting a male with the zebras because they can be aggressive toward any other fish, so unless you know the personality of that particular betta (by putting it in a tank next to the zebras and see if he shows aggression) i wouldn't just throw one in there.

you can feed the corys whatever kind of frozen foods you feed anybody else, just put it to the bottom with a turkey baster. live brine shrimp are also favourites of most fish, but they don't have much nutritional value, so keep it to a treat only.

If you are religious about doing PWC's often, you could prolly up your school of cories to 4 and add a betta or a dwarf gourami or maybe 1-2 golden (or cherry) barbs... I personally like the golden barbs better. However, that would put you slightly over recommended bioload- so just keep an eye on your water parameters and do extra water changes and you should be okay =o)

Yah increasing your corie school size and getting a dwarf gourami will be good. I think it would be better to go with 6 cories, a dwarf gourami and your danios would be good combo.

Back
Top Bottom