Which tang to get rid of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you have read my previous threads you would know I have a yellow tang getting beat up by a scopas tang.... I feel pretty bad for the guy and I want to either give him to LFS so he will be ok but my concern is will my scopas then go after my sailfin tang.... Would I be better off getting rid of my scopas as he is biggest of the 3??? Which tang tends to be more aggressive?
Thank for help!!

I'm seeing its been suggested before to you already that any of those tangs in such a small tank is gonna create bad issues that will continue. They get cranky and battle for very limited space.

My answer to you would be to get rid of all of them. Consider a kole tang. That's it.

I have had all the tangs a while and they were fine it's just all of a sudden... I know I should get rid of more than one but to start would u get rid of scopas or should I just take out yellow.... I just don't want to take out yellow then the scopas picks another fish to pick on like clownfish or sailfin

I have had all the tangs a while and they were fine it's just all of a sudden...
that's how it happens.
it's happening just as people are telling you. this is a classic example of putting tangs in a tank that is too small.
my question would be, why would you want to stress and eventually kill these fish? please help me understand. do you find enjoyment in their discomfort?

Absolutely not that's reason why I have been taking fish out one by one ... I always had fish only tanks and always went by 1" of full grown fish per gallon ... If that was case I still had room but I guess my luck has run out.... I just dont want a total
Disaster....

If you really don't want that, get rid of all the tangs. Even though you're using the gallon per inch rule (which I don't believe in BTW), tangs need swimming room to roam, hence the 6 ft tank.

Kole. :) One.

I would keep all the fish and get a bloody big tank.
No really take the advice given,the tank is too small for these fish,a yellow eyed kole tang is a beautiful fish which would be ok in your tank if you want a tang,

Back
Top Bottom