Which water test kit brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

I would like to know which water test kits are the best (not necessarily the most expensive).
I've seen some test kits at petsmart today, that had strips and were not really accurate (like ph6.5-7.5 you're ok) :lol: .

Thanx,
Vanessa

The AP Master Test Kit is my absolute favorite. Test cards are easy to read. Nitrates can be difficult when levels get high, but the levels in the tank shouldn't be to the point where you can't differentiate between them. If they are, water changes are a must until you can determine the level. Test strips are notorious for being inaccurate. The AP kit is actually ALOT cheaper than strips. plus, if you buy it online, you'll save about 50% compared to in-store purchase.

I vote for the AP kit too. And it's not very expensive when you consider how long it will last you.

Another AP vote here! The FW master kit has been sold in two flavors, and they look exactly alike. One has gh and kh, the other has nitrate instead. Both have pH, ammonia, and nitrite. For starters, get the kit with nitrate (read the description carefuly), you can buy the hardness tests seperately later if you need them.

Even cheaper online, in the $15 range. With shipping, and the shippping delay, it may be worth paying the petsmart price.

I use AP test kit aswell, but i would only get it online if your getting some other items aswell becuase it isnt worth it with the shipping imo.

Even with shipping it's under $20. It sells around here for $40 to $45. Very worth the shipping. You'd save about $10 if you bought it online vs Petsmart.

i think ic ame late to this.
But i can not stress enough that if you can find it for 11 to 14 dollars the Tetra test Laborette Master Kit is the best choice and has the least variance in error i think maybe +/- .2 or something. People who use the EI method of fertilizing plant tanks wont buy anything but Laborette for it's accuracy. For the price and performance it's hard to go wrong with laborette. And these people are adding things like Nitrates & PO4 where you dont want to be wrong. hehe

Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom