Whisper Bio Bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
WOW........the price of large Whisper Bio bags for the Whisper #3 hob filter have gone up a lot.
I've been using the Whisper filter on my tanks for a long time and currently have 8 filters going and each filter uses 2 bags.
I was buying the bio bags on line in 12 packs for $8 and change, but now the price has increased to almost $14 for the 12 pack plus mailing
If I have to pay that much per month I just might look for other brands of filters where the bags are less costly
What I like most about the Whisper is the simplicity of the filter, every month change the bags and that's it
QUESTION #1 Does anyone know where to buy them (online) where they are less costly?
QUESTION #2 If I have to, in order to keep the monthly cost down, which other filter can I replace my Whispers with that will be as simple and less expensive for replacement bags

Thanx for any input

Al

Might I ask why you are changing them so much? I always left them till they're falling apart in my hands. Just rinse in tank water.

FWIW alot of us use *cough cough* errrrr........ panty hose. Now I personally can't speak to the cost of said hose but they are a durable little multiuse product.

They trap pretty fine particles too.
Maybe if you put some nylon socks on all your new filter cartridges for a few weeks you'll strain out all that stuff clogging them.

Back
Top Bottom