Whit bumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
The last couple days my perc has become lethargic. Upon looking at it there were no signs of anything on it. This morning there are little few little white bumps on it, almost like pimples.

I don't have a clue. Isn't ich flat and covers the fish like a film. I'm setting up the QT right now, thow i need to make some SW.

Any idea how long the sponge filter will take to seed in my main tank?

Any ideas on the bumps?

The filter will usually take a good week to seed it. If you have anything else inert that can be transfered, it will help. It really depends on what the clown has and what med will be used. Seeding the filter may be unneccessary.

When you say film, do you mean like a white sheen or milky covering?

You may want to look into Brooklynella hostilis or velvet.

Cheers
Steve

I don't think it's either of those. The white bumps look like pimples. I have no idea what it could be.

Could be ich then if you sure on the other two. Your sure it's not just a skin anomoly?

How long have you had the clown and what was the last fish added?

Cheers
Steve

The clown was the last fish added and that was about 3 weeks ago. I also have a yellow tang and a yellow tail damsel. Neither of the 2 are showing any signs of what the clown has.

OhTheHumanity said:
Isn't ich flat and covers the fish like a film.
I actually misread this part. I thought you where indicating the clown had a film which would indicate Brooklymella. The pimples are a sign of C. irritans which will typically look like grains of sugar.

Keep in mind while setting up the QT it needs to house all your fish. It won't work to just treat the clown. The tank needs to stay fallow for 4-6 weeks.

Cheers
Steve

My clowns had spots, look like pimple as well, but it's not white. They were the same color as the skin, which ever the spots were. I put them in QT, and lower the salinty level to 1.008 for a months. They were all gone, until I added another fish, which was not QT. Now They are all in QT again. :(

Back
Top Bottom