White Angelfish Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SheeBreeds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
����Hello, I'm fairly new to being and this group. My question/issue is... I have a 2.5 gallon tank with 2 day old Angelfish eggs attached to a "house tank decoration" (only place she will lay her eggs). For the first time i used MB and I must say, it didn't work as good as peroxide!��... This morning I removed about 50% of the eggs due to them being white. Now, hours later, I have even more white eggs! Should I take the chance of turning off the air pump again and removing them or just let them be. My hands aren't very steady and I'm afraid of rupturing the white eggs into the viable ones. I use a toothpick and turkey baster. Any advice please??

The problem is when the eggs hatch you get wrigglers. Normally the parents will remove the parents from the mound of moldy unhatched eggs and put them in a new location. Naturally without the parents you have to manage things. You can either remove the bad eggs or wait till the good eggs hatch and then try to remove the wrigglers and move them away from the moldy eggs. Which is easier i can't answer - my solution has been to let the adults manage the eggs until i get wrigglers and then remove the leaf where they stick the wrigglers.

No need to remove the white eggs. When they hatch, the wigglers will fall off the decoration to the bottom of the tank. The white eggs will stick. After they hatch you can shake the 'decoration' gently to remove the last stubborn ones. A piece of rigid air line attached to flex air line makes a good siphon. The wigglers will come off far easier than the white eggs.

Thank you so much! You're right! I did remove about 25 of them, but the rest i just let fall, and separated them with a turkey baster later lol! I have (guessing) about 25-30, 6 day old wigglers!

Thank you!! I went on and removed the ones that were not near any viable eggs. Everything actually worked out great! I have a community tank that don't allow my Angels to raise their babies in peace plus I really really love breeding/raising them! Brings me MUCH joy!��

What type of angels are you breeding ?

Thank you!! I went on and removed the ones that were not near any viable eggs. Everything actually worked out great! I have a community tank that don't allow my Angels to raise their babies in peace plus I really really love breeding/raising them! Brings me MUCH joy!��

Back
Top Bottom