White around silver dollars mouth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevekerr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday I noticed white spot around the top of my silver dollars mouth I have 2 other silver dollars in tank 1 gromies 2clown barbs 1angel fish 1leaf fish a common plecostomus and a sun catfish and none have any thing on them think it a wound from fighting over food? Of fungus

Fungus. Just upload pictures and people will help you better.

That mean increase overall water quality, and maybe treat with antifungus product like pimafix in a QT tank... Salt work too, but I would only do this in a QT tank.

My new fishs were all infected, I treated in a QT with salt, pimafix + melafix. It worked.

Do lots of water changes for now. As mrvincent mentioned, water quality is important.

I say this because I had high speed fungus growth in my QT tank, as water quality was really bad, I didn't do any maintenance for months in this tank....

(You know, the QT tank hidden somewhere you never see it...)

It could be damage from fighting that has become infected with 'mouth rot'.
Mouth rot is actually not fungus but bacteria, so an anti-bacteria treatment is what is needed if it looks to be getting worse.

I can't get a good pic he keeps moveing and the spot above his mouth is not going away so I try aquarium salt and anti fungus med thank for the help I let ya know how it works out

Back
Top Bottom