White bumps on Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanut12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help me identify what these white bumps are on my 5 year Goldfish? He has two bumps above his head. They appeared about a year ago and have been growing slowly ever since. They have a cauliflower texture and do not appear to affect his behaviour, still acting normal and eating. I have two other Goldfish in the tank that do not show any of the bumps. He is in a mature tank with heavy live plants, tank and water quality is always good with nitrates fairly stable around 20ppm. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpg
    IMG_3856.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,468
  • IMG_3857.JPG
    IMG_3857.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_3859.jpg
    IMG_3859.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 295
Goldfish & Koi are suseptable to a Herpes viral infection labeled (Carp Pox). The virus is very similar to Lymphocystis. Like KF noted "no cure". It's usually just ugly not fatal.

Goldfish & Koi are suseptable to a Herpes viral infection labeled (Carp Pox). The virus is very similar to Lymphocystis. Like KF noted "no cure". It's usually just ugly not fatal.
The only other thing I think it could be is tumors.

Thanks. I suspected these two diagnosis but I wanted to get unbiased opinions. I am concerned about the other goldfish, if it is indeed carp pox. Isolation is not an available option so I think the only thing I can do is run a UV sterilizer to posibly prevent infection of the other goldfish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom