White cloud mountain minnow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I got four wcmm about one month ago, 2 weeks ago I got four more, now there are eight in my 10 gallon. They are very active, and eat right. Now, I researched that thy are supposed to be top level swimmers, but when I woke up, all of them are in the lower level( they have actually been like this for like three days) they don't stay at the top, they re all around the tank, is this normal, or is it bad. Thank you:)

Very normal in my experience. Mine use all the levels of the water and they are very active. Keep the tank well covered because I've had several jumpers.

Ok, so normal, thanks yea, a full lid with an led light, just a little open hatch for air, but that's it, are eight ok in a 10 gallon?

Yeah, I'd say it's OK. They could use more swimming space but I think they will be fine. Others may not agree but it's up to you.

I think if you put them in a tall tank you would find that they do in fact swim at the top more so than the mid to lower level. However, in a 10-gallon tank, you won't necessarily see that. Keep them in a cool tank for best colors.

David

I think if you put them in a tall tank you would find that they do in fact swim at the top more so than the mid to lower level. However, in a 10-gallon tank, you won't necessarily see that. Keep them in a cool tank for best colors.

David

Oh yes, they are in an unheated tank, I was going to get a 20 long for them, so not much activity at the top then huh?

Is this the same tank with the goldfish?

Yes, getting a 20 gallon long just for him on April 8, so I went ahead and got another filter for my tank while that day comes, he will be in the 20 with my apple snails, the 10 gallon will be for the wcmm.

You might want to hold off on continuing to add fish to this tank until you get the new one. If I recall correctly, you only started with 3 or 4 WCM in this tank originally.

Continuing to add to your bioload in a small space may be why these fish are hanging at the bottom.

Ok, thanks, I guess I can move them to my 55 gallons have, then I'll put them back here when I get the new one, tanks:)

Back
Top Bottom