White mold and betta fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lalalameg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently moved my betta to a 2.5g tank with a small filter, and he was doing great (actually a lot better than when he was in his bowl, his fins were healing from previous fin rot) and the other day I happened to look in his tank and his fins were as ripped and jagged as ever, even worse than when he was in his bowl. I figure he was getting picky about the water as I hadn't changed it in a little over a week, and when I went to change it today I saw the filter had molded. I wish I had taken a picture of it, but it was white and all over it. Not the fuzzy kind of mold but in little "bean" shapes, is the best I can describe it. I'm assuming that was the cause of his suddenly torn fins but I would still like to know what it may have been so as to prevent it in the future. Thanks!

Planaria!?

Upon further research, I think I may have planaria on my hands. The only thing is is that I do not overfeed my betta, his tank is next to my bed and I feed him before I go to sleep so I see him eat all of his food. I am also feeding him freeze-dried bloodworms if that could be helpful information.

Back
Top Bottom